Ok time to share a recipe. It’s been a while since I shared a HUMAN food recipe afterall 😉 Been kinda caught up in dog biscuits, lol! Anyway today I thought I’d share the recipe for the easy eggplant parmesan (above). If you’re a regular blog reader you’ll know I have ZERO patience and looking at the eggplant parmesan recipes all about dipping the eggplant in egg and breadcrumbs, well they lost me after slicing the eggplant. Sorry but it HAS to be healthy, tasty and EASY for me to want to cook it. So I just decided to wing it 🙂
Eggplant – kinda crucial for eggplant parmesan but I’m guessing this could work with other veggies like squash!
Spray oil – I used olive oil
- Basically I sliced the eggplant into 1/2″ rounds.
- Spray each side of the eggplant with oil
- Sear in pan (length of time is going to depend on YOU and how you like your eggplant cooked slightly crunchy or mushy!)
- Once the eggplant is cooked ONE SIDE flip it over and sear other side
- Add cheese to top of eggplant and leave in plan for 1 minute till cheese melts
- Serve immediately
Whilst the eggplant was cooking I chopped the veggies and that was it! I also warmed up some Trader Joes marinara sauce which you can just see under the eggplant, but that depends on your tastes. For cheese I like Trader Joes Farmhouse cheddar for this, as you don’t need much to get a good mature taste, grate it before hand and just sprinkle a little onto the eggplant as it cooks 🙂
Let me know if you try it, and if you like it 😉