Yes It’s time for Workouts again! I’m really hoping to get back on track with these workouts and I’ve decided that I’ll be incorporating equipment into future workouts as I really want these to be workouts that are effective and kick ass. I did this Workout a couple of weeks ago and was a sweaty mess at the end of 6 rounds 😉 Yep I did an extra warm up set at the beginning. Anyway here is this Wednesday’s Workout…
Yep that’s SIX exercises this week! I know it’s a lot and yes you need some equipment BUT there are options which I’ll go over. I use a kettlebell and chair. These are totally OPTIONAL! Use whatever you have. Instead of a chair, use a table, parkbench or just go down to the floor (perfect for beginners!). For the Kettlebell, you can use a dumbbell, use a milk jug, a water bottle, anything with some weight to it…. or if you are really struggling with finding something just take that exercise out and do the 5 exercises and do an extra round!!! For the tricep dips you can do them on the floor or off a chair/bench… use what you have!
- Jump Rope – Grab a jump rope and have at it. I don’t care whether you run in it, or have both feet together, just jump rope!
- Goblet Squat – traditional goblet squat you are holding a kettlebell whilst squatting, with the kettlebell at the chest. But you can do this with a dumbbell or no extra weight at all, just bodyweight squats. Feet slightly outside knee distance, toes turned out slightly. Push your butt back and down whilst keeping spine long and chest up. Sit down as far as you can without heels coming off the floor. Also the elbows should brush the INSIDES of the knees as you squat down, that will keep your knees tracking towards your middle toe!
- High Knees – lift one knee up, jump change. Like a fast run on the spot, just get the knees UP UP UP!!!!
- Push ups – on your knees or on your toes. If you can do FULL push ups do as many as you can on your toes then drop to the knees. Maybe you’re advanced? Try decline push ups – put your feet on a chair! Not ready for the floor? Go do them against a wall or countertop!
- Kettlebell swings – I did double handers but feel free to do singles. Doubles: feet wider than hips, toes pointed out (just like squats!), shoulders pulled back, dip down slightly and swing kettlebell back under hips. Quickly swing kettlebell up by raising upper body upright and extending leg USE THE BUTT to bring the kettlebell up NOT THE ARMS.
- Tricep Dips – I used a chair but feel free to use anything. Sit on the chair feet in front about 12-18″, hands either side of hips on edge of the chair, heel of hand on the chair and fingers off the front. Nudge butt of the chair so you are supported on the hands and feet. Bend ELBOWS so that your butt lowers towards the floor and then extend up straightening arm. Keep elbows in and butt close to the chair.
Next week I am hoping to have the video’s back up! I have my video camera, what I don’t have is somewhere indoors dog free to workout 🙁 Tried it inside with the dogs and it gets barking noisy in here. Outside is just not happening right now as by 10am it’s already too hot to workout outdoors (other than swim!). Really hoping it starts to cool down a little as it’s scorching hot, thankfully the forecast is for cooler (mid 80’s) temperatures for this weekend… I can deal with that!