When practicing yoga there are poses that we avoid, poses that we do infrequently, and then poses we do often. Because I have tight lower back muscles Happy Baby is a MUST in my own practice because it feels so good. But, there are so many amazing Happy Baby pose benefits for body and mind.
If you are looking for a more detailed post on how to do Happy Baby then try this post. I’ve detailed a few ways to make happy baby a little happier using props. Below you can watch a quick video on the happy baby pose benefits. Don’t forget to watch to the end for bloopers!
You can view the video on YouTube. Maybe add it to a playlist? Above all, remember to subscribe to my channel. New videos are uploaded every Tuesday and Friday. However, for exclusive longer format videos sign up for my Patreon community. Patrons also get early access to all my videos, along with other benefits.
10 Happy Baby Pose Benefits
Whether you are looking to open the hips, relieve back pain, reduce stress, and open your chakras, then Happy Baby is a pose that can do it all. Honestly the happy baby pose benefits are so numerous that 10 is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Release lower back and sacrum. This is my favorite thing to do for my tight lower back. Try it!
- Opens the hip and groin area. Due to the hip flexion and abduction of the femur, we open through the hip and groin.
- Stretch hamstrings, glutes, inner thigh, and lower back. Happy baby is a 4 in 1 stretch!
- Calming for the brain. How can you not relax, when you’re lying on your back enjoying yourself?
- Reduces anxiety and stress. The clue is in the name, HAPPY baby pose. Happy poses just aren’t stressed and anxious.
- Stimulates digestion. The compression of the abdominal organs means it massages the digestive tract and aids in pooping!
- Massage internal organs, specifically bladder and kidneys. Especially if you take a gentle rock side to side.
- Open the lower two chakras. The root and sacral chakras, Muladhara, and Svadhisthana. These are linked to primal needs and creativity.
- Awakens the inner child. It’s a playful pose, where it’s possible to feel secure, and content.
- It just feels GOOD! Seriously. Happy Baby is the best!
That’s 10 amazing happy baby pose benefits for both body and mind. It’s a pose that everybody seems to love and enjoy, but not realize just how good it really is for them. Now, you know, so indulge yourself and do it more often.
- Do you include happy baby pose in your yoga practice?
- Which of the benefits would be helpful for you?
- What activities make you feel childlike & happy?