Gym time saving tips
- Stop talking. You’ve seen the meme right – “headphones in, world off”. That means you zip your lips and you crush it. No more wandering from person to person. If people start talking to you just ask them to wait till the workout ends. If they are gym buddy they will understand. Or just yell, “Don’t get in the way of my gains bro” and walk away. Ok maybe not that one, but stink eye works well too.
- Workout smarter not longer. This is never true than it is for cardio. 15 minutes of sprints will feel like an hour of dreadmill… sorry treadmill running. Seriously, I’ve done this. By minute 12 I wanted to throw my Garmin 310XT under a bus. Not kidding.
- Plan ahead. Failing to plan is planning to fail. Don’t spend the first 15 minutes of your workout time figuring out what you are going to do. Needs ideas for interval training? Check out my blog workouts. Don’t fly by the seat of your pants. Plan your workouts, and you’ll reach your goals faster.
- Increase the weight and decrease the reps. I’m not sure why but in 2015 some women are still convinced they are going to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger if they lift more than 5lbs. Check your handbag ladies, probably weighs more than 5lbs, and I’m pretty sure your 6 month old weighs more than 5lb – yet you haven’t sprouted biceps the size of OHIO yet.
- Decrease your rest. Unless you are lifting super duper heavy you can get by with a 30s rest between sets. If you’re really smart about your workout, depending on your goals, you can cut that rest down by working alternating muscle groups for a circuit style workout. Decrease workout time, increase the calorie burn – it’s a win win!
If you’re serious about fitness and ready to take things to the next level the sign up and receive my free ebook 25 time saving fitness tips! By signing up you’ll receive the free ebook, and my newsletter along with subscriber only information, alerts, information, and motivation. Plus subscribers get first dibs on future freebies. Sign up now for your copy!
Subscribe to receive my free “time saving fitness tips” ebook!
Disclosure: It’s always my policy to make you aware… this post may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a small percentage of purchases made through these links. That gives me more free time to spend making ebooks for you guys!