Oh Boy! It’s been a while since I posted a workout video huh? Well let’s kick of April with a BANG with three posts in one week. Yup, pick yourself up off the floor, lol. I did say I was going to giving more time to the blog and here I am!!! So this week I’m sharing a workout I actually filmed at the end of February and never got around to editing and uploading. It’s a jump rope workout with some different footwork to add variety and intensity to your workout. You can choose to add this into an existing workout that calls for a jump rope interval or as a stand alone cardio workout. I did 3 rounds of 30 seconds each but choose your interval to suit your level. The video is below, but don’t forget there are more videos on my Workout With Di YouTube channel, subscribe for early updates.
So as I said the workout is all about jump rope variations so below I’ll list the ones I used in the video. Again I did 30 seconds of each and went for just three rounds, Which took 12 minutes. If you have longer then repeat or extend the interval duration.
- Jumping – Feet together, one jump is one pass through with the rope.
- Running – Also called high knees. Imagine a running pace. One foot steps over the rope with each pass around the body.
- Easy Jumping – Similar to jumping but you do two easy small jumps with a slow pass around the body with the jump rope.
- Cuts – Also called scissors. When the legs land you alternate one foot forward and one foot back, toes pointing forward and flat on the ground.
- Jacks – Jumping jacks as you jump in the jump rope. As the rope passes under the feet step wide, then come in and repeat.
- Heels – Think boxer style jump rope. As you land dig and alternating heel forward
- Hops – Probably one of the toughest jump rope exercises I’ve done. Calf killer! As the name implies, jump rope but on one leg! (do both legs!)
In all a great cardio workout and due to the hops my calves REALLY felt it for DAYS afterwards!!!
Enjoy, and let me know your favorite jump rope variation in the comments.