Yes it’s January 1st and like every other blogger out in blogland I’m going to talk about my goals for 2012. In previous years I’ve used ONE WORD to encompass my goals for the year. A focus word. This concept started back when I was also working in the creative industry by a blogger called Ali Edwards and the concept stuck for me. Previous years words have been:
- Focus – 2007: This was my first year doing this and I just wanted to refocus my efforts, and find some drive to complete projects.
- Change – 2008: This was a year of change. We were on the final stages for our greencards so I knew change were coming. Either we’d be approved and be residents or be denied and kicked out 😉 I don’t do well with sudden changes or surprises which lead to my word for 2009:
- Adapt – 2009: This was the year we got our Greencards. The year I lost 25+lbs and got back into “shape”. It was what I refer to as a transition year.
- Balance – 2010: My first year back at “work”. It was tough balancing two professions, and eventually led to me going back fully in to fitness
- Achieve – 2011: Heck I don’t even know where to begin with this one. 2011 was such a year of achievement for me! Personally and professionally!
After I choose my word, that is my focus for the year (literally in 2007). Each year then proves to amaze me in so many ways. The hardest part for me is deciding which word to choose, many people say the words choose you and for me this has usually proven true. At this time each year I’m usually more focused and driven and have goals for the year ahead, usually one word can sum up those goals.
This year my word is – GROW
Why Grow? Well this year, some of my focus goals will be:
- Growing my personal training business
- More continuing fitness education & self-study
- Continued college education
- growing my relationships with friends/family
- Personal growth and development
The word Grow seemed to be apt for all aspects of goals I have for the year, and it’s stuck with me since.
What one word can you use to represent your goals for 2012?